Saturday, June 11, 2016

Saranghe Korea

June 2nd was my last day of school, June 3rd was my last workday and then after having a slumber party with Jina, Kristen and Menya at the Incheon Hyatt, I boarded an Asiana flight on June 5th headed to the US. What an incredible 5 years. I can't put it all into words. What a wonderful door the Lord opened for me. My life is forever changed. Yes, there were tears on my flight out. Again.


❤️

The RoK. The Land of the Morning Calm and the City of Neon Lights. Kimchi nation(cucumber being my favorite). Seoul, the safest city on earth where people return your wallet and the change is still in it. OEM and CityLight churches. Hongdae. Countless cafés. Seoul Foreign School,great kiddos-proud to be a part of a 104 year legacy. Matchy matchy. Bokbunja. Milkis. Mekju juseyo. Doenjang jjigae. Gogi and samgyupsal. Pillow-fight flashmobs. K-dramas. K-pop. The subway songs. Sunrise hikes. Service-ee. Face masks. Noraebang Etude House. Adventurous Seoul. And most importantly: spiritual growth and unexpected/amazing friendships-chingus!              Kamsahamnida Hannanim! What a great 5 years!



So thankful to Him for this wonderful experience! I'm so glad my international teacher career started here (and that I was able to do it twice). Korea, you will always hold a very special place in my heart. 

Teach in a foreign country: check! 
Teach in Asia: check!

No comments:

Post a Comment